What you will learn in
Polished Resumé Writing
When hiring managers have an open position to fill, they probably also have a stack of resumés from interested candidates. So how is yours going to stand out? What’s going to capture the hiring manager’s attention and give you a leg up on the competition? In this course, we’ll walk you through the process of creating a professional resumé that’s as dynamic and personalized as it is informative for the people you’ll be giving it to.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the main components of a resumé?
- Contact information
- Resume summary or objective statement- this is a phrase or sentence that highlights your intentions and accomplishments.
- Professional Experience
How do you make your resumé stand out?
- Tailor it to the job description
- Describe accomplishments, not responsibilities
- Quantify your accomplishments -Use the summary section for distinguishing details
- Ignore irrelevant information
What are some things to avoid on a resumé?
Some common resume mistakes are: including too much information or unnecessary personal information, spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, inaccuracies about your qualifications or experience, negative comments about a former employer, details about your hobbies and interests.